Eating @ Kung Fu Noodles (First Markham Place - FMP)

10:27 AM

There was a brand new restaurant that opened in First Markham Place 2 weeks ago that replaced one of my old favorites (former korean restaurant specializing in silken tofu hot stone pot soup). I got word of this grand opening from the former chowhound Toronto group.

From word of mouth online, the owner was the old chef from Magic Noodles. Magic Noodles was supposedly very good at the early days... Magic Noodle was/is quite garbage quality right now...

Food Rating: 4/5
Service: 3.5/5

Atmosphere:
The restaurant absorbed the same seating and style as the original Korean restaurant. There were both seats long the edges of the wall. The only new was a giant new logo (one that Disney would not be happy about) above the cash register area. I wouldn't expect the same decor as Magic Noodle...

The chef randomly made noodles at different times. There would be periods of long silence coming from the kitchen and then BAM (noodle dough whacking the table). I saw a bunch of eating/waiting customers just jump out their seats. This was amusing but also horrifying :) 

Service:
It was super busy during lunch time with 2 male servers running around fulfilling orders. They were quick to provide drinks/water and provide the meals.

Food Comments:
My group of colleagues and I ordered the following noodles:

  • House Special Noodles ($8)
  • Pork Belly and Hand-Shaved Noodles ($8)
  • Fried Noodles with Beef ($8)
The House Special had an assortment of different meats (pork ribs, beef parts, fried egg). The soup was clear, tasty and hot. I couldn't taste any MSG. The broth had a strong white pepper flavour. I had decided on the ribbon noodle and it was perfect to my texture liking.

I had an opportunity to sample the Pork Belly and Hand-Shaved noodle dish. After trying this dish, I totally regretted getting the house special! The Pork Belly meat was just out of the world with the fatness/juice. The noodles really soaked up the sauce and took the noodles to another world with the in-depth flavours.

I discovered this place also sells cold noodle dishes but will have to come back next time to try it out. (Good thing since Loha's restaurant closed down - hence no more cold chicken noodle).

Would I come back? Of course. If I was to compared this to my other favourite noodle restaurants, I would rate this #2 on my list. I will definitely need to try more dishes to gauge the other selections.

Food Photos:




Non Food Photos:





Address:First Markham Place, Unit 10. 3229 Hwy 7 East. Markham On, L3R 3P3
Phone:416-900-0592
Website:     NA
Hours:
Sunday11:00AM–11:00PM
Monday11:00AM–11:00PM
Tuesday11:00AM–11:00PM
Wednesday11:00AM–11:00PM
Thursday11:00AM–11:00PM
Friday11:00AM–11:00PM
Saturday11:00AM–11:00PM
Map:NA


Kung Fu Noodle Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments