Take-out @ One2 Snack

6:55 AM

One2Snacks is a family-run restaurant hidden in the plazas around the Midland and Sheppard area. I wouldn't have known of this place until a few foodies and colleagues suggested that I visit here. It's very rare to find a passionately family run Malaysian food restaurant in Toronto. 

Atmosphere:
Stall restaurant with very limited seating (4 seats along the front window and maybe 2 on each side of the restaurant. This tiny restaurant fills up with lots of customers and orders take about 30-45 minutes on a given busy day!

TIPS:
Order ahead of time (30-45 minutes) and come to pick up the food! Certain foods are only available on the weekends!

I uploaded the latest menu here: One2 Snack Takeout Menu PDF as of June 12, 2016

Food Comments:
Wok hay is a Cantonese phrase used to describe a particular essence and aroma that is created in a dish when authentic stir-frying is performed. “Hay” means “energy” or “breath”; therefore, “wok hay” means “the energy or breath of a wok”. For this food trip, my colleague suggested the Wat Tan Hor as a great example of the "Wok Hay" principles. It was actually very good in aroma and texture. Everything of the ingredients blended together nicely. 

We also got the Chicken Satay skewers which were good (slightly burnt at the tip) with peanut sweet sauce. While I was waiting for the orders, I decided to order the desserts since they were weekend only available. I have to agree with my colleague that the "kuih seri durian" was the most awesome dessert. I also got the "grass jelly" drink. It was simple drink with sugar, ice and floating grass jelly.

Lastly, for my lunch, I ordered the Nasi Lemak with Chicken Curry. The dish was very simple by design but full of flavours (fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaf).

I definitely would come back.

Food Rating: 4.5/5
Service: 4/5 


Food Pictures:

Nasi Lemak



The desserts were running out by 12 pm!!


Non Food Pictures:




Address:8 Glen Watford Dr #26, Toronto, ON M1S 2B7
Phone:(647) 340-7099
Website:NA
Hours:
WednesdayCLOSED
Thursday11AM–8PM
Friday11AM–8PM
Saturday10:30AM–7:30PM
Sunday11–7:30PM
MondayCLOSED
TuesdayCLOSED
Map:
One2Snacks Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments